Why select physiotherapy?
Assessment and treatment
30 minute appointments allow our experienced Physiotherapists time to thoroughly assess, treat and empower you with a self management program to “help you reclaim control of your body”. Importantly, at Select Physiotherapy and Pilates each session focuses on the cause of your issue as well as giving relief from pain to get you back enjoying life as quickly as possible.
Select Physiotherapy and Pilates is committed to developing clinically proven, customised treatment plans that focus on your sustained well being. Our highly trained and professionally accredited practitioners devote the time required to thoroughly understand your individual needs. Your treatment and management integrates world leading, clinically proven techniques.
What to expect
- Detailed individual assessment, diagnosis and prognosis.
- Individual treatment and management plans.
- Symptom relief.
- Outcome focused evidence based best practice.
- Customised exercise and rehabilitation programmes.
- Build confidence in your body and its capabilities.
Select Physiotherapy and Pilates is an independently owned and operated member of a progressive multidisciplinary medical practice. The team works together to obtain the best possible outcome for you.
Select Physiotherapy and Pilates recommends immediate, appropriate injury assessment and treatment to optimise recovery.
Select physiotherapy treatments
- Sports Injuries
- Back and Neck pain
- Upper and Lower limb injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Occupational injuries
- Postural and overuse injuries
- Woman’s health
- Lymphatic Massage
- Dry Needing
- Children’s injuries, pain & developmental issues
No Referral is required to see a physiotherapist*
- * GP referral required for WorkCover, DVA and Medicare
- WorkSafe Victoria, TAC, DVA and Medicare Chronic Disease Management Programme provider
- HICAPS onsite for immediate health fund claiming.
- Please bring referrals, reports, scans and X-rays to your appointment
- Wear loose comfortable clothing
- A cancellation fee may apply if less than 12 hours notice
What is physiotherapy?
- Physiotherapists are experts in movement, function, injury prevention, assessment and rehabilitation.
- Applying expert knowledge, Physiotherapists educate and empower you to take control of your body.
- Physiotherapists assess, diagnose, treat and rehabilitate injuries and physical ailments using a variety of manual “hands on” techniques as well as extensive clinical exercises.
- Physiotherapists invest in years of university training before gaining qualification and commit to continual post graduate education.
- Physiotherapy is a medical profession supported by decades of ongoing worldwide clinical research which is reviewed and endorsed by medical practitioners.
In order to practice Physiotherapists must:
- Complete a Masters or Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy
- Register and adhere to the strict professional standards of the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Participate in annual mandatory continuing education